Jesus: Perfectly Capable, Perfectly Prayerful
1) Jesus Invites Us to Pray. (Matthew 26:36)
2) Jesus Prayed When He was Disturbed. (Matthew 26:37-38)
3) Jesus Prayed When He was Overwhelmed. (Matthew 26:39a)
4) Jesus Prayed When He wanted to Accomplish God’s Will. (Matthew 26:39b, 42, 44)
5) Jesus Prayed for Spiritual Strength Beyond His Physical Capacity and He Received it! (Matthew 26:40-41, 45-46, Luke 22:43)
Luke 22:43, Then an angel from heaven appeared to him, strengthening him.
6) Jesus Set the Example in Prayer; Don’t Miss Out. (Matthew 26:41, James 5:13, Proverbs 18:10)
James 5:13, Is anyone among you suffering? He should pray. Is anyone cheerful? He should sing praises.
Proverbs 18:10, The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are protected.
1 Chronicles 4:10, Jabez called out to the God of Israel: “If only you would bless me, extend my border, let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm, so that I will not experience pain.” And God granted his request.